What is Gynecological Malpractice?
Gynecology is the medical science involving the female reproductive organs. There are risks associated with every gynecologic operation, and gynecologic surgery errors may occur during the operation or during pre- or post-operative care. These errors can result in hemorrhage, infection, sterility unwanted pregnancy and even death.
Different gynecological errors or neglect leading to malpractice include:
- Errors occurring in dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose breast, cervical or uterine cancers
- Wrongful pregnancy or contraception failure
- Complications arising from hysterectomies
- Complications arising from abortions
- Failed tubal ligations
- Failure to diagnose the presence of ectopic pregnancies
- Adverse side effects or reactions to hormonal treatments or medications
- Misread diagnostic tests
- Failure to diagnose conditions which may result in low birth weights in infants
- Failure to diagnose or detect conditions which may result in pre-eclampsia (a form of toxemia of pregnancy, characterized by hypertension, fluid retention, and
- lbuminuria) or otherwise affect pregnancies in an adverse manner
- Infection, injury, hemorrhage or sterilization as a result of an OB/GYN surgical procedure
- Cystocele or rectocele repair
The results of gynecological negligence or error can be traumatic and long-term. Misdiagnosed or undiagnosed cancers can prevent the use of lifesaving treatments, while poorly handled procedures can have severe consequences. Whenever a physician fails to prescribe the proper medications or fails to properly determine possible adverse reactions or side effects to medications, the initial condition can also be greatly exacerbated. Finally, the effects of an unwanted pregnancy resulting from failed contraception can be devastating to both the patient as well as her family.
How We Can Help
If you think you or a loved one has been the victim of gynecological malpractice it is very important to speak with an experienced New York gynecological malpractice attorney right away. An attorney who has experience handling these types of medical malpractice claims will know what to look for when analyzing your medical records, what questions to ask witnesses and experts, and how to prepare a strong and compelling claim. The hospital and/or doctor you have filed the lawsuit against will have powerful attorneys defending them, so you need to ensure you have an equally strong and experienced attorney representing you.
Consult an Experienced New York Medical Malpractice Attorney Today!
The Law Offices of Sam Rosmarin has over 30 years of experience handling medical malpractice lawsuits and has recovered over $100 million for its clients
If you or a loved one has been a victim of gynecological malpractice you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. The medical treatment, physical therapy, adaptive equipment, and any other care that may be needed can be expensive. To ensure you have the financial resources you will need to provide proper medical care and treatment contact the Law Offices of Sam Rosmarin today at (914) 686-4000 to discuss your case with an experienced and dedicated New York medical malpractice attorney.
Every case is unique. Prior case results are not indicative of any future outcome.